NLNet application for UOI Call August 2021- Budget Details¶
First edition of this document: https://hydrillabugs.koszko.org/projects/haketilo/wiki/NLNet_application_for_UOI_Call_August_2021-_Budget_Details/3
Alternative Possible Budgets¶
We have an (effectively) fixed cost of approximately €3152 (estimated; see #Infrastructure Costs) for infrastructure critical to project management and development of Haketilo and Hydrilla, as well as wages of €653/month for two full-time developers.
Longer work means the ability to deliver a more featureful product.
The following are estimates, and may vary depending on applicability of VAT and exact choices of provider, as well as changes to exact project needs.
- Domain Name, another 2 years (€ ~26)
- SSL Cert, 3 years (€ ~534)
- Hosting for VCS, Project management software, website and script repo, 3 years (€ ~2592)
Project management work will also be a minor, yet important, use of time.
- Understanding what features users most want from Haketilo
- Writing documentation for users for Haketilo and Hydrilla
- Studying what sites should be prioritized for fixing to deliver maximum impact
- Ensuring accessibility of Haketilo and Hydrilla for potentially underrepresented demographics
- Distribution of Haketilo in extension stores (as long as freedom and access concerns allow)
- Distribution of Haketilo and Hydrilla in GNU/Linux package managers
- Setting up and moderating the Hydrilla repository
- Developing and writing policies for packages, packagers and (if adopted) auditors
- Design and development of Haketilo and Hydrilla (available under the GPLv3)
- Writing developer documentation for Haketilo and Hydrilla
- Implementing accessibility of Haketilo and Hydrilla for potentially underrepresented demographics
- Writing and performing rigorous testing of Haketilo and Hydrilla
- Configuring a comprehensive automatic build and publishing process for Haketilo and Hydrilla
- Support for MV3 in Haketilo
- Creating and porting independent fixes and enhancements for some websites
- Security vetting on Hydrilla