From 06/07/2021 to 07/06/2021
- 06:45 PM Feature #49 (Closed): add some nice styling to popup
- Edit html/display-panel.html and html/display-panel.js, maybe add a separace .css file.
This shall involve heavy c...
- 06:27 PM Revision c86bdfcd (hachette): Merge popup display
- 06:25 PM Revision b7e2870f (hachette): show some settings of the current page in the popup
- 05:10 PM Feature #11: add some nice styling to settings page
- By the way, "adding styling" is not supposed to mean just writing some CSS. Heavy changes to HTML, accompanied with u...
- 01:51 PM Feature #22: supplement the build script with a makefile, also produce zipped artifacts
- Unless we decide to keep the old build script and maintain both. Consider packaging of the extension for distros.
- 12:19 PM Feature #22: supplement the build script with a makefile, also produce zipped artifacts
- Potentially obsoleted by #47
- 01:48 PM Feature #44: Load in default settings using the build system
- Btw, I am considering maintaining old build.sh alongside the new build.html. Plus, IMHO, changing to use XMLHttpReque...
- 12:16 PM Feature #44: Load in default settings using the build system
- That would be a very, very good idea (albeit much less relevant if the build system is rewritten in JS).
- 12:06 PM Feature #44: Load in default settings using the build system
- Perhaps we could load default_settings.json using XMLHttpRequest and this way reduce the complexity of build system a...
- 12:13 PM Feature #30: Rename the extension and find some good icon 🪓
- Adjusted in reference to https://hachettebugs.koszko.org/boards/2/topics/6
- 12:12 PM Feature #48 (Rejected): Load default_setting.json using XMLHttpRequest
- I believe XMLHttpRequest can also be used to fetch extension's own files. After fetching the default settings file, w...
- 11:50 AM Feature #47 (New): Rewrite the build script in a self-contained HTML file
- Details here: https://hachettebugs.koszko.org/boards/1/topics/1
- 04:50 AM Feature #40: Move documentation to wiki
- (Thank you for switching it to Markdown!)
The documentation is now all on the wiki, with a slight re-organization ...
- 12:12 AM Bug #42 (Rejected): Nonce not set on injected scripts
- 11:05 PM Feature #40: Move documentation to wiki
- Changed to Markdown as per your request
- 05:59 AM Feature #40 (In Progress): Move documentation to wiki
- Unless anybody else wants to take this task on, I'm happy to do so (having managed to create the wiki).
- 04:50 AM Feature #37: prepare some website fixes usable with this extension
- Patch pushed to git (awaiting acceptance/rejection from master branch) changes the defaults to include a few tested f...
- 04:47 AM Feature #44 (In Progress): Load in default settings using the build system
- Patch pushed to git; awaiting acceptance/rejection from master branch.
- 04:38 AM Feature #14: test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- Thank you for the screenshot! Now I see what you mean, and do indeed have that ability (as well as wiki page creation...
- 02:00 AM Revision 2059fab6 (hachette): Revamp default settings
- Default settings are now provided in the same format as data exported from the
extension, incorporating them into the...
- 11:08 PM Feature #14: test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- Perhaps. However, I also had hard time trying to find where the edit option is... Just in case - I am sending a scree...
- 10:51 PM Feature #14: test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- It partly helped- I can see a lot more options than previously! There's still no way to edit the issue, however, whic...
- 11:36 AM Feature #14 (In Progress): test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- I added you to the project. Perhaps it will work now
- 02:55 AM Feature #14: test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- I can't work out how to edit it in: Tor Browser 10.0.17
- 09:34 PM Bug #39 (Closed): Redmine is unbelievably slow. do sth about it
- 11:55 AM Revision d0ae3939 (hachette): enable opening settings page with certain item immediately in edit mode
- 11:54 AM Revision 8708ddd3 (hachette): move parsing of url with targets to misc.js
- 11:48 AM Revision b4282398 (hachette): ignore some special files (emacs automatic backups) when building
- 09:06 AM Feature #45 (New): Add a universal wildcard for URLs
- Potentially something to consider carefully, as it is obviously open to misuse, a way to signal a script should run o...
- 03:22 AM Feature #44 (Closed): Load in default settings using the build system
- Currently default settings are integrated into the source code, which makes it difficult to add or modify the built-i...
- 03:01 AM Feature #8: add some good, sane error handling
- Also what happens when the hash of a remotely loaded script doesn't match what is set- some update mechanism perhaps?
- 02:21 AM Feature #40: Move documentation to wiki
- There's no wiki to move documentation to yet (it seems you're the only one with the power to create one).
- 02:09 AM Feature #43 (Rejected): Replace common/sha256.js with crypto.subtle
- All supported browsers provide built-in support for hashing and other cryptographic methods through built-in APIs. Th...
- 02:02 AM Bug #42 (Rejected): Nonce not set on injected scripts
- **Update: rejected as this the expected behaviour, and is present at least as far back as commit 86ad1c6e0cf8a9ec3a52...
- 08:01 PM Feature #9 (In Progress): make page settings easily and conveniently editable in popup
- 12:10 PM Feature #9 (In Progress): make page settings easily and conveniently editable in popup
- 06:15 PM Feature #40 (Closed): Move documentation to wiki
- Documentation is currently on https://koszko.org/browser-extension-doc.html and https://git.koszko.org/browser-extens...
- 05:12 PM Revision 008efedd (hachette): Employ issue tracker
- 04:52 PM Bug #39: Redmine is unbelievably slow. do sth about it
- Seems to have been due to matrix-synapse I left running on the VPS eating all the RAM and swap... Let's let redmine o...
- 04:50 PM Bug #39 (In Progress): Redmine is unbelievably slow. do sth about it
- 04:50 PM Bug #39 (Feedback): Redmine is unbelievably slow. do sth about it
- 04:07 PM Bug #39 (Closed): Redmine is unbelievably slow. do sth about it
- 01:52 PM Feature #38 (New): Add support to also inject css files to pages
- 01:51 PM Feature #37 (Closed): prepare some website fixes usable with this extension
- Hachette's goal (not the only one) is to enable fixing of nonfree-js-encumbered sites and sharing the fixes. However,...
- 01:11 PM Feature #36 (Closed): prepare application for NLnet fund
- Current efforts are on [[NLNet_application_for_UOI_Call_August_2021]].
- 01:07 PM Feature #34 (Closed): improve CSP injection blocking
- There are some possible pathological cases like `<script>` before `<head>`. We should make sure CSP `<meta>` tag we i...
- 01:05 PM Feature #33 (New): Add more possibilities of page URL matching
- Also support patterns for matching URLs by explicit ports, query parameters and maybe even POST request parameters.
- 01:02 PM Feature #32 (New): Process HTML files in data: URLs instead of just blocking them
- Content scripts are said not to get loaded to pages opened from data: URLs. We're currently blocking data: page links...
- 12:58 PM Feature #31 (Closed): add an option to disable script blocking globally
- Some people might be less interested in swfreedom and more in potential features offered by our platform.
- 12:57 PM Feature #30 (Closed): Rename the extension and find some good icon 🪓
- In addition to the extension itself, the documentation (https://hachettebugs.koszko.org/projects/hachette/wiki) will ...
- 12:55 PM Feature #29 (Closed): validate settings data on import
- Settings data is imported and exported as json. Invalid JSON schema can currently cause import operation to throw an ...
- 12:54 PM Feature #28 (New): split options_main.js into several smaller files
- This file is betting bigger and bigger...
- 12:53 PM Feature #27 (In Progress): make extension's all html files proper XHTML
- 12:53 PM Feature #26 (Closed): besides blocking scripts through csp, also block connections that needlessly fetch those scripts
- 12:52 PM Feature #25 (Closed): stop always using the same script nonce on given https(s) site
- Other protocols are of no interest since they're not supported by WebRequest API. For HTTP(s), we could make things m...
- 12:48 PM Feature #24 (New): validate data entered in settings
- Right now it is possible to add a bag to itself and do other weird things...
- 12:48 PM Feature #23 (Closed): also implement support for whitelisting of non-https urls
- The method of policy smuggling through URL is already defined. What is needed is to perform a reload to a URL contain...
- 12:45 PM Feature #22 (Feedback): supplement the build script with a makefile, also produce zipped artifacts
- Right now building is performed with `build.sh mozilla` or `build.sh chromium`. These produce directories with built ...
- 12:42 PM Feature #21 (New): rearrange files in extension
- Currently, scripts are split between _background_, _content_, _common_ and _html_ directories. The idea was to arrang...
- 12:39 PM Feature #20 (In Progress): block prefetch
- Page can tell the browser to prefetch certain resources (such as scripts) even before they are used. If a script is n...
- 12:37 PM Feature #19 (New): check if prerendering has to be blocked
- Modern "Web" added feature to allow page to specify other pages to be prerendered before they are opened in the brows...
- 12:33 PM Feature #18 (New): make it possible to inject scripts to arbitrary places in DOM
- This might turn out not to be needed. Practice will show. For now - scripts are being injected at the end of <body> a...
- 12:32 PM Feature #17 (Closed): enable the extension to automatically fetch script substitutes from the repo
- Of course, we need the repo itself first.
- 12:31 PM Feature #16 (Closed): create a repository to host scripts
- This is a broad topic and will ultimately be a separate project on this tracker.
- 12:30 PM Feature #15 (Closed): make sure page's own csp in <head> doesn't block our scripts
- Currently we inject scripts by creating a <script> tag and adding it at the end of <body>. We remove page's own csp H...
- 12:28 PM Feature #14 (In Progress): test with more browser forks (Abrowser, newest Parabola IceWeasel, LibreWolf)
- Currently used are:
* IceCat 60
* Ungoogled Chromium 90
* Parabola Iceweasel 75
- 12:26 PM Feature #13 (Closed): find some way not to require each chrome user to modify manifest.json
- Smuggling page's policy setting to content scripts without use of asynchronous APIs like messages system doesn't seem...
- 12:15 PM Feature #12 (New): make script bag components re-orderable
- Implement drag&drop functionality to re-order bag components in settings page.
- 12:13 PM Feature #11 (Closed): add some nice styling to settings page
- Edit _html/options.html_, maybe extract styles into a separate .css file.
- 12:12 PM Feature #10 (New): show iframes settings in popup
- In popup make it possible to edit both main frame page's settings and settings for pages that currently happen to liv...
- 12:03 PM Feature #8 (New): add some good, sane error handling
- Storage accesses might sometimes fail (for example due to all available storage space being used up) and we could inf...
- We want to be able to save sites' scripts for local serving and editing and we want sites to work properly with such ...
- 11:41 AM Feature #6 (New): make it possible to automatically download page's served scripts and save them
- Of course, running the same nonfree scripts but served locally would not be a significant improvement. This feature w...
- 11:35 AM Feature #5 (In Progress): optimize url querying
- Scripts are injected to pages with URLs matching specified patterns, like _https://**.example.com/something/*_. Curre...
- 11:25 AM Feature #4 (Rejected): make it possible to cache remote scripts
- When a script to inject is not stored locally but rather referenced by a URL, it gets downloaded every time it is nee...
- 10:50 AM Feature #3 (Rejected): make it possible to provide backup urls for remote scripts
- When defining a script to inject to pages, it is possible to provide a URL to download it from instead of the actual ...
- 10:41 AM Feature #2 (New): allow specifying whether a script occurring mutiple times should be included multiple times or once
- It extension's settings page it is possible to make "script bags" and add scripts to them. A bag can also be added to...
- 10:27 AM Feature #1 (Rejected): parallelize fetching of remote scripts
- Besides scripts keps in extension's storage, it is also possible to define an injectable script using URL from which ...
- 04:39 PM Revision 12fd4fc3 (hachette): fix whitelisting under Firefox
- 02:18 PM Revision c49e3750 (hachette): remove trailing whitespace
- 02:13 PM Revision cd5272ac (hachette): refactor 3 miscellaneous fnctionalities to a their single own file
- 12:28 PM Revision 261548ff (hachette): emply an sh-based build system; make some changes to blocking
- 02:00 AM Revision 83a8d263 (hachette): Index two new files intended for the previous commit.
- 02:00 AM Revision edbbe400 (hachette): License script-blocking techniques from NoScript in machine-readable format.
- 01:58 PM Revision 4939e3a9 (hachette): make it clear "A" license contains text from BSD license with its own copyright
- 11:48 AM Revision b93f26bf (hachette): gather all copyright info in 'copyright' file
- 03:38 AM Revision c744eb0e (hachette): Fix storage initialization on Icecat 60
- This patch fixes storage initialization on Gecko browsers by switching from
using a background page to using a list o...
- 11:46 AM Revision 7c44b46e (hachette): remove unused source files
- 11:45 AM Revision 9fead3a3 (hachette): update Asshole license text
- 11:45 AM Revision 7ee7889a (hachette): when possible inject CSP as http(s) header using webRequest instead of adding a <meta> tag
Also available in: Atom